Happy weekend everyone 🙂 I hope you have all been having a crafty time like me!
Yesterday, I worked all day on my top secret project which will be ongoing for some time yet.
Today, I started work on my Under The Sea quilty, embroidery, collage picture.
I decided to make the background first and then secured the fishes with Bondaweb. That took quite a bit of planning as I wasn’t sure about the placement and I haven’t used Bondaweb before. Then I made all the other creatures and laid them on without sticking until I was happy with the composition. That wasn’t as successful as it sounds because the pieces with the Bondaweb on the back curled up. However, it was good enough to help me make decisions. You will see that a few things have changed position from my original sketch here. I’ve also added some extra bits ‘n’ bobs for balance.
I did take photographs of all of my progress…….without the memory card in the camera. Grrrr! I even took a picture of the mess I’d made from all of the cutting and sticking. Unfortunately, you will just have to imagine those stages.
Anyway, the basics are in place. Now I can embellish, quilt and embroider to make it all come to life. My daughter gave me a box of beads a few months ago and some of them are going to make wonderful eyes for the crabs. I couldn’t resist placing a couple of them on the collage and having a little giggle. They look very cute 😀
Sew far, sew good 🙂
The colours in real life are actually a lot more intense. The photo was taken in room with very poor light.
Must go and see what all of my bloggy pals have been up to now.