Firstly, my sister is coming to visit on Thursday and we are going to sew, Yey!!
We are planing to make a baby quilt for her new Granddaughter’s pushchair. She has bought some really cute fabric called Precious Moments which we will use in one piece for the front. The back will probably be a solid colour so the quilting can be seen. My sister will attach the binding to the front by machine and then hand stitch it to the back. I haven’t made a quilt that isn’t made up of patches before so this one could be a quick project🙂 I’ll let you see photos when it is finished. Must put the cake in the oven…..nearly forgot!
Secondly, I have been given the Kreativ Blogger Award by Amy who is up to all kinds of crafty things. She writes about her work, hobbies, entertaining her niece and all sorts of other things. So pop over and take a look at her blog. Thank you very much Amy! I’m so chuffed again🙂
Now, as part of my acceptance I agreed to tell you some “interesting” facts about me. Still giggling about the “interesting” bit!!!
1. My favourite food is chips. The best ones are home-made and chunky. Nom-nom! However, I never make them in the house because DH doesn’t like the smell😦
2. I love maths🙂 and anything remotely mathematical.
3. I detest housework and consider it a waste of time unless I can see a big difference when it’s finished.
4. I understand French much better than I speak it.
5. I have never seen a film all the way through.
6. I wish I could draw and/or paint.
7. None of my friends know that I write this blog.
And the final part is to nominate other worthy blogs. Here are my nominations:
1. Nero’s post and Patch where Teje makes gorgeous patchwork and quilted items in the sun. She writes with such warmth and I enjoy every post. There are many photos of her very clever dogs and cats included.
2. Ekhaugli I stumbled across this blog through one of the bikers I nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. I’m so glad I did. This lady lives on top of the world! The photographs of her surroundings are stunning. She also has a galllery where she displays her beautiful collages.
3. Connie makes wonderful quilts! She has also taught me so much about maple syrup. I don’t want to say too much about this one. I think you should just go and enjoy the blog. I do🙂
4. Jackybeertje This blog is from a lady living in Hawaii. Her quilts are stunning and I love her photo tutorials. It is time everyone else enjoyed them too!
5. Claire who does the most exquisite cross stitch in France. She also has a blog in French! Well worth a peek.
6. Momssewingroom This one has lovely free motion and hand quilting as well as lots of lovely homely projects. Go and see for yourself!
7. Sew Sane Jane Check this one out for some gorgeous applique and other sewing projects.
Thanks again to Amy who cracks me up with her niece’s cookery lessons🙂
Happy stitching everyone! Avis x