Here is another completed project. I’ve had the top made for ages but managed to quilt and bind it today.
I have made two of these and a pillow. All from one Moda layer cake plus borders, binding and backing.
I think it will make a fab play mat :-)
The layer cake had been reduced several times in my local quilt shop before I got my mitts on it! I love the bright colours and can’t really understand why other people had passed it by. Each to their own, I suppose.
I also liked the alphabet, numbers, colours and patterns.
I used matching pale blue yardage for the backing. It is covered in an animal alphabet and the characters are lovely.
This next one shows the backing :-)
The binding is plain red from my stash.
I really enjoyed putting this quilt together. I think it would make a great I-Spy game! I hope you like it too.